Thursday, October 04, 2007

Houses Of The Holy

On the way home (since I was not in a huge hurry, I stopped and found two caches that we along my route home. The first was in a church parking lot (I have finally learned a valuable hiding lesson) and found it in less than a minute. My technique using Google Maps did not work so I had to look at MSN LiveMaps (it was more up to date but did not have the ability to do coord's.) and compared the two, guestimating the distance to the cache. When I got to the site, I was spot on. I noticed I could walk 100 yds west and snag the next one with very little trouble (it was hidden near a well known landmark in town) and I was able to admire the booty (A couple of geocoins and other assorted goodies) undisturbed.

That brought my total up to 3 for the day and feeling lucky, I decided to go for four. I stopped by the site where I had struck out the day before and decided to give it another go. I searched the area pretty well but could not find it. I think it is DNF, but since I am still a greenhorn, I would rather have a second opinion.

I got home and realized that it was care group night and that my wife was at the fitness facility working out. Being hungry and not wanting to wait, I make a cheese, beef, and turkey wrap to munch on until my wife got home.

Once my wife got home, showered, and changed, we headed over to care group. The meal was okay (we do not have the same caliber of chefs that some of the other care groups have)...not fantastic, but edible. I was not there for the food anyway. What I attend for is the SPIRITUAL food. Meeting with Christians and discussing things in a non-judgmental environment is a good thing,

While there, I was made aware that we had nine visiting families last Sunday and that we had lost one more. Oddly enough, a family that just joined has decided to leave. I was not given any details so I do not know why they left. That saddens me because I really liked the guy, although my wife was not very keen on the woman.

After care group meeting was over, we headed home. Neither of us was tired so we stayed up. I surfed the web from the laptop in bed while my wife made small talk. Eventually we both tired and fell fast asleep.

My allergies are still doing very well today, except for the stuffy nose/sinuses. Not sneezing and having eyes that do not itch is a good thing!

No comments: