Sunday, October 07, 2007

New Toy

At least for the near future. My wife's boss has decided to let me borrow his Garmin GPSMap 176C indefinitely. It is just like what is linked only color. Yes it is older and it is more for vehicles (boats and cars) but it is portable. I have been playing a bit with it and I personally think it is a little too complex to operate. It is not very user friendly.

The software that was installed on it was very much out of date (2.03 was on it and I just installed 4.10) and I installed EasyGPS on my home PC to transfer waypoints into it so I can get started GPS caching without any real need for cutting and pasting into my PDA.

Other than that, church, and two long distance phone calls (Stupid Bill and my mom), nothing else has really gone on today.

I am sooo itching to try this thing out in a wooded area to see how well it does and how well I can use it!

No comments: