Friday, October 19, 2007

Not Much Going On

Yesterday ended well and today was a lot slower than yesterday...slow enough my TL let me go home a bit early.

I tried to do some caching at lunch but struck out on the two I tried. One I am sure is gone and the other I am sure is very well hidden...I just did not have enough time to look.

On the way home I stopped off to get one near the old railroad station, which is downtown. I had just started looking when a woman stepped out of her office and said, "I am going to tell you right now, you are going to have to get in the flowerbed to find it." I jumped, thinking I had been caught, but instead it was the caretaker of the property. She knows the people who placed the cache. I chatted with her a few minutes and then I continued my search. I found the cache about 2 minutes later. Oddly enough, he "clues" hindered me. Once I stepped back and did it my way, I found it quickly.

I was hoping to have 100 by the 28th (which would make one month of caching), but it looks like my total will be closer to 85-90. I have 71 now and it is getting harder to find the ones near my office. Many are hidden very well while others are gone.

Well, tomorrow we have the men's breakfast and then I have to vacuum the house and strip/make the bed. Since I am on call I cannot really go far to cache, but there are a few that are not too far away I could possibly try to nab. All I need to do is plan...

No comments: