Sunday, October 14, 2007

On My Way

Today was pretty much the same old Sunday for me. I greeted a few new people at church (which is something I am not usually comfortable with) and later enjoyed the sermon. I am not sure why, but I grew more and more tired as the day wore on. The sermon was not boring, but I had trouble staying awake. I think I am narcoleptic. Just kidding, folks.

My wife and I went to Jason's Deli for lunch. I had a baked potato, which is my usual but instead of being topped with BBQ brisket, I had chili and cheese on it. Very good. Also, the spuds are big enough to A) share or B) save for another meal. I opted for B.

We got home and I got the urge to start working on my first geocache hide. It is going to be simple...I do not plan on getting complicated until I have at least 100 under my belt. I worked on the container (similar to a whipped topping bowl, but stronger) and when I was satisfied with it, I scoped out the area where I plan on placing it. I checked to see if the container would fit and it did then, like a good cache hider, I took 5 different readings and averaged them to get the coordinates. Satisfied with my recon work, I came back and put the finishing touches on my container. Once I did that I started the log page at geocaching.com and got it ready to submit. I will submit it once I get a chance to place it this week. It should not be a problem.

Oh, I forgot to mention it is a themed cache. I am hoping to get people to take/leave foreign currency when they visit the GZ.

Well, I need to get ready for the very informal, once a month evening service at church.

No comments: