Sunday, October 14, 2007

Personal Best

My wife wanted to sleep in so I decided to go geocaching while she slept. I decided to head north a bit and get a few that were near one of the larger parks in our town. I could not find the first one (I could have missed it though) so I went a block away and parked and did a series that was themed (by location and camo style). There were eight in the series and I started off in the hole...I could not find the first one! Since the walk was down and back, I figured I could get it on the flip side. I found 2,3,5,6,7, and 8 without a problem but had trouble with 4. On the return trip, I stopped at 4 and found it quickly. Then I went back to the start and FINALLY found 1. Wow. All in all I found 12 in the morning (8 in the series and 4 others). Tired and dirty, I went home to do a "bird bath" and start cleaning the house. My wife and called and told me she would be leaving to go work out so the house would be empty and cleaning it would be easier.

I finished the light cleaning and some laundry (as well as checked the mail) a few hours later. When I was almost done, my wife came home and we had a quick lunch and then she did the kitchen. While she did that, I logged my finds and deleted some of the mystery caches from the GPSr that I am borrowing. I told my wife there were three along the green belt and she asked if she could go with me to nab those. I agreed and we got ready to go.

Long story short, we took the dogs and they were too hot, so my wife returned (in the van) and I trekked on. I only managed to find one of the three (one I missed and I thing the other one has washed away), bringing my total to 13 for the day and 63 YTD (I have been caching on my own for about 2-3 weeks).

Instead of cleaning up, I helped my wife remove the remnants of a post in concrete the guys left when hey put in our new fence. Seems they only cut the old one down to the surface and when you dig near the new fence, you could hit a post stump and concrete. We removed one that was in the way.

With that done, I got cleaned up and watched a little TV ("Chuck", I think...so-so) then hit the hay at 10:00 pm or so. My wife was careful not to touch me since she thought I might have gotten into some PI tromping through the woods.

I tossed and turned all night but felt okay when I woke up, albeit a little sore. I most likely put in 7 miles or so the entire day. I forgot to set the GPSr to measure it so that is just a guess. I was on my feet walking (at various speeds) for 5+ hours or so. Who knows, maybe I walked more.

***Personal best of 13 in one day***
Total now up to 63

No comments: