Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day Six OfHouse Arrest

Or what most people refer to as "on call". I hate being on call, especially when I have to respond within 15 minutes or face the wrath of a customer manager. Sigh.

We had the mens breakfast today at church. I left home a bit early and was able to grab two (they were close to each other) before I got there. That started my day off well!

Once there I kinda just hung out until they served. Most of the time I help out, but today I felt a bit selfish. I normally stay after and clean up so not helping set up did not bother me. I would be doing my part later.

We had a good (not great) meal and some fellowship before we started prayer. The whole event fell poorly planned and rushed. When the time came for me to help clean up, I was raring to go. I wanted to get started, finished and out of there as soon as possible.

When we got everything all cleanedup, I left and went to grab a few more caches before I went back home. There were several on the east side I have not gotten yet, but only a few were close, so I headed that way. The first one was near the church and it was a cakewalk. The next one I struck out on...it was near one of my favorite BBQ places but like most simple ones...I failed to find it. To be honest there were way too many places to hide it (since my GPSr is always off...) and I did not have time to look for it properly.

The last one was my favorite and while the cache was easy to find, I had to go back and check again for the log. It had to be one of the best hides yet.

Just as I was leaving the parking lot, my wife called asking me when I was coming home. Since that was my last planned one, I just told her 15 minutes and headed home.

Once home I post my finds and then started vacuuming the house. Once that was done my wife and I had lunch then she took a nap while I took care of a few things on the PC (still no work calls at this time...wow). When she got up, we went outside and started working on the shrubs. They had grown to an incredible height and needed attention badly. Thankfully it only took a couple of hours to get that and a few other yard issues done.

Once that little adventure was complete, I ran over to Little Caesar's to get a pan pizza (mushrooms and sausage) for dinner. I really like their pan pizza. For $9.00 you get a thick cheesy pie that is hot and always good.

I took a breather to check on my Gutsy Gibsson (Ubuntu 7.10 upgrade) before I started washing dishes. Since the upgrade was taking its time, I decided to walk the dogs, one at a time to get some exercise.

Once back I checked the Ubuntu upgrade (only one hour left!!) and checked my e-mail. Another person found my cache and told me it was a great first hide and hopes I hide more. Wow...that was coming from a local hero, 9Key.

No comments: