Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Best Of Both Worlds

Sunday was a pretty good day for us over all. The sermon at church was good and afterwards my wife and I enjoyed a picnic lunch in the park near our home. While the wind made it chilly, the sun was warm and the meal (sandwiches and soda) was palatable.

After our lunch, we came home and grabbed The Golden and and decided to walk a bit. We drove over to a newer area that has been recently developed in out small city and walked a bit. While we were out my wife and I were looking for a spot to hide a cache or two, but the first area was not a good place unless I wanted to do the typical Live Oak/Cedar cache hide. I had a neat container that demanded something more permanent. Eventually we went to Story Park and I was able to hide (after a lot of waiting) my cache. I posted it that evening and it was approved last night. One of the more seasoned cachers found it at 4:50 this morning. Wow.

Work yesterday was pretty slow, but of course it picked up just as I was getting ready to leave. I did my part and handed itover to my TL/colleague who would handle things until he went home, then he would hand it over to the guy who was on call the first part of this week. Needless to say he did about the same quality of follow up as he normally does so when I got in the morning I had to take up the slack. I hope it is just a training issue.

Last night I went on a house call (for a member of our church) that was one of my easiest yet. Since it only was about one hours worth of work, I charged my normal church rate for the call. They were also close which meant the wear and tear on the truck was minimal. Speaking of which, I think I am leaking something...I have a clear, oily spot under my truck that looks like oil but it is too clean. I hope it is nothing too serious...money has been tight and we are trying to get out of debt...

No comments: