Monday, October 01, 2007

Passionate

I have noticed that when I do something, I do it very passionately until I am tired of it. MAYBE the same thing will happen with geocaching. Prolly not!

I stopped by one this morning on my way to work, but it was too dark, wet, and the traffic was too heavy so I decided just to go ahead to work. Once there, the ticketing system we use was down so I could not do any real work until it came back up. Good for me it was slow.

Lunch time rolled around and I was not hungry. Since we are a use it or lose it shop, I decided to try my hand at a couple caches at lunch. Google showed 4 within a couple blocks so I drove them all. I could not immediately find them so I studied my notes and went back to the first one. I found it very quickly but there was so much muggle traffic (including a Sec Guard) I had to be careful putting it back after I signed the log.

I drove over to the second one and found it pretty quickly as well, however, there were two cars in the lot paying attention to me so again, I had to be careful. I made like I was picking up trash while examining the building the cache was near. I signed the log and left.

The last two were not easy. One is a "3" on the difficulty scale and I finally figured out why. The other was just "in plain sight" and I failed to realize that until I got back and started reading more about it.

I finished up my afternoon with a call from the R&D help desk in China. I generally do not like working with the Chinese HD people...far too hyper and in a hurry to pass off a hot potato. This one was not too bad once we got all the info. We put it in motion and it was taken care of.

When my shift was over, I decided to take a 2 block detour to grab one that was hidden in the technology park North of my building. Most of the park is empty and this was hidden deep in the park. It was not too deep for Google Maps...I spent more time driving the two blocks than I did looking for it. That one brought my total up to 11 without a GPSr. Go me.

On my way home I got a call from my wife and she asked me to get a few things from the store. I did and was rewarded with dinner...baked spaghetti and raspberry tea.

BTW, I see that my Mari-El scammer has been reading "Always a Dull Moment" yet again. I hope he/she enjoys it!

No comments: