Friday, October 12, 2007

Morning Treat

Yesterday ended up being a so-so day. I was able to get two caches at lunch, but struck out on the way to and from work. To be honest the one on the way home I looked for was a tad difficult and I really was too much in a hurry (just like I am on my way to work) to spend much quality time looking. I needed to get home and take care of the dogs.

Once home I fed and watered the dogs as well as let them out to "do their thing" while I checked the mailbox. It was empty which meant that my wife grabbed it on her way to work.

Back inside I checked e-mail and my pownce.com page...nothing really, just a few quick messages from my WV Geocaching buds. Shortly after I got in and settled, my wife asked me to meet her for dinner at a local Chinese place. I agreed and headed over. I knew she would be at least 30 minutes and it only took 7 minutes to get to the Chinese place, so I spent the spare time looking for another cache that eluded me last weekend. Still not luck on finding that one. The GPSr was allo ver the place. My Google Sat image showed it to be one one area, but there is no place to hide anything withing 20 feet. The closest thing I could find was a tree and power transformer. There is a dumpster nearby and that may be it...not sure. Anyway, as I was on my way to the restaurant, my wife called me to see where I was...she actually beat me there. That does not happen very often!

After a restful nights sleep, I awoke and took care by normal routine and headed out the door. I had plans to find two caches on the way to work, but both were foiled by muggles. Oh well. Maybe another day!

On the way to work, I noticed a neat view that I get to see frequently this time of year. The local municipal golf course was shrouded in fog and mist giving it an eerie "Scottish moors" look. We used to have mornings like that in NC all the time but in north central Texas, it is not quite as common..at least where I am.

No comments: