Monday, April 02, 2007

Wild Wild West

This week has many of the ingredients of a massively busy week. Last week my boss asked me to sign up for three, 1-hour training sessions (being held Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week) and while I am sure I will enjoy them, I am not sure how useful those will be. It appears that my boss is throwing things at people he knows will give it their all and I just happen to be one of those people. Changes are heading my way and they may get a bit wild.

The rest of Saturday was pretty laid back and Sunday was pleasant as well. We went over to Jimmy and Collette's house for brunch after church. We brought a selection of juices/drinks that went over very well. When we go over, Jimmy likes to put everyone to work and I think that is a great idea. I had the fried apple detail and they turned out pretty good. Not as soft as Jimmy likes them, but they were not bad. Scrambled eggs w/cheese, pancakes, and bacon rounded out the feast. While we ate, we chatted about teens and issues that are facing them (Collette has a daughter living with her from a previous marriage, Jimmy has a teen daughter and 2 grown sons, while we have our soldier in Kuwait who is almost 20. We have things to chat about). We did not stay very long...maybe 4 PM or so. I wanted to take a nap, but it was too late and I knew if I napped I would be sorry later...maybe as bad as last week. Instead, I stayed up and called mom around 5:15 or so and talked (OK, I let her talk to me) for about 1.5 hours. Nothing new there.

While we were at church we noticed Mickey was there but his wife was not. We asked where she was and he explained to my wife that they got into a fight and Mickey stated he did not handle the situation well. During the service my wife asked if we could pray for him and his wife and he accepted. My wife opened up the prayer and Mickey closed it, leaving me in the middle. I really did not know what to say, but evidently what I said was purposeful because Mickey hugged me and told me he was glad I was his friend. Thank you, God for the words you placed in my mouth.

I watched a show on Discovery last night called, "Planet Earth" which is a mini-series. The episode I was watching was on the Arctic and the Antarctic. It was very interesting and educational. I can see why it is so highly rated. I learned quite a bit about Emperor Penguins and Polar Bears. The extremes they have to endure are simply incredible.

I got to bed at 10:30 PM or so...I was pretty sleepy. I slept well with the exception of a couple of not so pleasant dreams. I know why I had them and that is evidence enough I need to pray more, especially before I go to bed. The Enemy put all kinds of bad thoughts in my head and they invaded my dreams, giving me an uneasy feeling when I woke up. I feel better now, so I will use this as a learning experience.

No comments: