Sunday, April 15, 2007

Well, I Tried.

My experiment with Debian Etch was a partial success. I was able to do a web install and I followed all the instructions I found on making my ACX100 chipset based wireless card work, but it still gives errors trying to load the firmware (using old and new firmware). I gave up at 1:00 AM and went to bed. It was the first time I ever saw "Ice Weasel"...a Firefox clone.

For all you people who think you are god, I think I have found your job:

Universe Designer


Okay, at least I thought it was funny.

Back to the laptop, I may give Mepis 6.5 another shot or try a clean install of Ubuntu (it is reported as working so if I wait until the final product is out maybe I will have better luck). Whichever I try, I want to put something else on the server...I really want to give OpenSuSE a shot at some point.


Oh, I almost forgot. "Always a Dull Moment" had a lot of traffic yesterday...(well for this site at least). 27 out of the 30 hits yesterday were for our good friend, Jawa. The hits were bookmarked as well as searches (utilizing the term "con man" in some of them) on his name and his nickname. The hits were from the usual states, Texas and California (I recognize those), however one of them came from the University of SoCal...a first IIRC.

Oh well, I have some reading to do before church. More later.

No comments: