Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Warmer, With A Chance Of Sinus Problems...

This roller coaster weather (hot, cold, dry, wet) is taking its toll on my sinuses again. While it is not as painful as it usually is, it is still uncomfortable. It is also killing others as we. The guy across the hall is really suffering and it is quite obvious by the sneezing and hacking he is doing.

Weather toay...it is warmer (70ish) and rainy today...perfect for the grass to grow out of control. I know what I will be doing this weekend if I am not camping.

Yesterday was not bad at all...nothing came up that lingered over to today, although there are things in Europe that may have my name on them later on. Yesterday was mostly quiet, today it is mostly chaotic (not for me, but for incident folks).

I received an e-mail from a lady that I used to work with. She left and went to a major bank to to software testing. She is in a situation that is similar to mine...bored with the work. Do not get wrong. There is a difference between busy and enjoying the job. There have been days that I have been busy but not content. She is the same way. I feel that if I am satisfied with the work I am doing, I will be happy overall. I am not in both category's.

My boss returned to work yesterday after being on vacation in Cabos San Lucas, Mexico. He came back tan and happy. I am glad someone is. I really am itching to get away from work and enjoy a vacation...so far no one seems to care. If I was heartless, I would dumb my work on who my boss suggests and be done with it, but I cannot. These two guys have more than enough work to do without me adding to the load. My boss does not seem to see it that way. He does not see that I am a 24x7 on call that does not have the luxury of trading off with anyone. Sigh.

We had the church trustee meeting last night and I was home early. I actually beat my wife home from her meeting which is unusual. Our meeting was pretty standard...no major issues for us.

I watched "24" then I went to bed. Nothing was on TV and I was not ready to stay up for hours doing nothing.

Well it is almost time for my Wednesday meeting. Better run.

No comments: