Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Somebody Save Me

I forgot my PDA at home today...and I did not have withdrawal, either. Surprise!

Rain was in the forecast all day, increasing until in strength until midnight or so. All day the rain was a light mist that gave everything a light sheen. That is the type of rain that we need more of.

I ate lunch at my desk to help make up time that I took off from work yesterday to go present shopping. I upgraded my Linux box to the latest release of Ubuntu (it officially does not release until tomorrow, but anything that is changed will be minor) and it went smoothly except for one thing...my KVM switch now shows the Linux screen off center and when I center it and switch to the Windows box, it is off center the other direction. Strange.

Quitting time came (nothing too important occupied me) and I drove home. It was still misting out when I got there and the dogs needed to go outside to do their thing. I was amazed how wet they got just walking out into the yard and walking back. They soaked a dog towel (an older bath towel) completely.

Shortly after that my wife got home and we had our leftover salmon from the night before. It was very tasty. The ginger-teryaki marinade she used, ROCKS. After putting the dishes in the dishwasher, my wife went to her women's bible study. That left me alone to work on project that I hope I will have done before I go to bed.

I had noticed that it was time for "Law and Order" (two epi's on Tuesday) so I stopped what I was doing to go watch...repeats. Darn! Well, back to my project...more on that (and more) later.

No comments: