Friday, April 06, 2007

Eyes Without A Face

The rest of my afternoon went well at work. Then open issues were in the process of being resolved and I was able to leave at 4:00 PM to run home and let the dogs out (and put away my laptop...I do not want that stolen) before I went to my optometrist. We decided to go back to the first doc that we had when arrived in Texas. We liked him but his staff was arrogant, so we stopped going. After a few years of going to another doc (who was ok, but I think he was slipping a bit) we decided to go back to the first one. My exam went well and $121.20 later, I have some very nice properly adjusted glasses coming in about 10 days.

After the appointment, I went to Wendy's and grabbed some unhealthy food, scarfed it down and headed to the city council meeting. It was one of the best yet...lots of the residents showed up to voice concern about the adding of sewer services to the city (small town of 5,000). They are small and want to keep it that way. I cannot say I blame them, but I cannot see the town growing at all or even keeping their head above water without modern sewers (however, I am far from an expert on the subject...I could very well be wrong). The rest of the meeting revolved around that and after 3 hours I went home. The meeting was 95% over with anyway...all that was left was the agenda for next month.

I got home and watched Law and Order - SVU that was on Tuesday. I did not see it since I was very tired and last night was the first time I had a chance to watch it. After that, the wife and I went to bed.

I was able to sleep in this morning since most of the employees of my customer account are on holiday. I am "working" from home and I have to be available 10:00 am - 6:00 pm via phone but other than that there will be little that needs to be done, as fas as I can tell. I will be able to walk the dogs, wash some dishes, etc while I am working. Good Friday should be a slower day...at least I pray that it will.

My wife is trying out her new battery on her laptop. It says the two together should give her 4 hours but I will be happy with 2, since my wife runs wirelessly 100% of the time.

No comments: