Thursday, April 26, 2007

On Through The Night

The rest of my work day was mostly non-eventful. Techs working on issues were slow to provide updates which is a pain for us tracking high severity issues. The 26th also marks the start of the end of quarter close, a huge issue for our customer. The systems used to track financials will be taxed to the limit as every region pulls every report known to man. There will be failures...there always is...

Just as I planned on leaving the office to go home, one of the Swede's calls me to ask about an issue. I tell him what I know, then he tells me how the process is broken. It is a global process so I tell him he should contact his boss and the Swede tells me the most amazing thing...he tells me that he is not going to talk to his boss, "the pawn" that he wants to open a full blown escalation on the issue. He then goes on to rant over the phone for 30-40 minutes...very unusual for him. I finally get him off the line by agreeing to send the request to my DLM (dotted line mgr) to open as a formal global escalation. I just know this is not going to go well.

I drove home past the golf course that was under water 10 hours before and it appears clear. the water drained rather quickly...I guess you cannot stop golfers from their vice. I continued home and set up my laptop (I really think this is silly, but I do what I must) to make sure I do not get any more last minute e-mails from our customers. Anyone ever hear of a TELEPHONE?

I fed the dogs and finish out my "shift" while I wait for my wife so we can go to care group. We are only bringing fruit so we have little to prep...good news for us. After my wife got a shower (she had just gotten back from working out) we headed over to care group.

We arrived and made small talk for a few minutes while dinner was finishing up. The leader, Jimmy was ripping some CD's he had just purchased and I told him I had a gift for him...I let him borrow a few UFC events to watch and return. His eyes lit up and gave me a huge bear hug.

The rest of the group meeting was a little bland and to be fair I will keep the comments I have in my head to myself. I think I need to pray hard about them before I say anything.

We got home at 1o:00 PM (sure babe, we will be home by 9:00 PM....right) and let the dogs out then finally settled in to watch "Jericho"...that show is getting very intense. I cannot wait for each new episode!

After that we went straight to bed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: