Sunday, April 22, 2007

Once, Twice...

1:41 PM ... my day has been far from smooth. Christians are to take Sunday off as a day of rest and I usually manage to do that. Today however, has not been like that.

Up early to walk the dogs and enjoy coffee and muffins with my lovely wife. A quick check of my e-mail and off to the showers. After a quick shower and the washing of some dishes, I was off to Sunday school. About 1/3 of the way through class, my phone rings and it is the escalation hotline. It is not time for me to start taking international calls but I cannot tell who is calling until I pick up. A nice woman from Stockholm needs an issue looked into that is troubling one of her customers. I excuse myself and go home to work on the case. Around 11:30 all is well.

My wife calls around noon or so asking if I want to go have lunch since I missed church. I agree, but I tell her we have to stay close. I have a feeling I am going to get called again. We went to La Finca and ordered shrimp quesadillas and about halfway through our meal, the hotline rings again. At least the person was polite...they knew I had to eat sometime!

I finished as soon as I could and went home to log on the system. I got logged on and made my calls...only to wait while people investigate and get back to me. I wonder if there will be a third time today...now it cannot be one of the two previous issues...it would have to be a new one...what are the odds of that during my shift?

Oh, by the way, the reason I got the first call was because no one was able to get in contact of the guy on duty.

Nice.

No comments: