Saturday, April 07, 2007

Silent Night

I had absolutely no complaints about my day yesterday. "Work" was not much more than watching a ticket queue that did not move, check a mailbox that was empty, and waiting for a phone to ring that remained silent (except for Geoff calling three bloody times). I washed dishes, dried and folded clothes, let out the dogs, and put away groceries, not to mention watch Law and Order and UFC Fight Night on Spike (Joe "Daddy" Stevenson ROCKED Melvin "The Young ASSassin" Guillard early in round one).

At 5 PM I turned off my work PC and went in to see what my wife was up to. She told me that she wanted a good messy hamburger so I showered and we got ready to head over to Scotty P's for some grilled bovine goodness.

After spending an hour or so eating and chatting with my lovely wife, we headed back to the house. My wife watched the Law and Order we taped and I chatted with Knightmare Duck for a little while about the new BSOB project. We still have a lot to go over before we can go into "alpha" stage, but if Holmes puts in 25% of his creative juices, it will be a neat product, especially since KD's writing is improving. I do not know what direction this is heading, but I made it clear that I am not reliving my past. I want to commemorate it and build from it.

After I chatted with KD for a while, I walked Little Man and then watched Law and Order (the original one) that airs on Friday night. I was pretty tired/sleepy so I did not stay up except to check on the weather. Our normal 70 degree temps will be replaced with 40's this weekend with the possibility of...SNOW. Wow.

In bed early (10:30 PM or so) and up early (6:00 AM). A morning walk (much cooler than we are used to) with my wife and the dogs, then coffee and e-mail/news/blog time. I have a haircut (man, do I need it...) today at 10:00 AM and dinner at Micky and Mary's at 5:00-ish, plus I should try to vacuum the house. My wife did not get the living room and the bedroom cleaned like she had hoped, but I am far from disappointed. She has been busy with lots of other things.

Oh, I failed to mention that we are going to try a new vet...my wife met with a Christian vet and really liked her, so we may be going to her...my wife will be praying about it and if she feels that it is God's will, then we will have a new vet.

No comments: