Sunday, April 15, 2007

Walkin' In Mepis

Well, thanx to the grace of God, Mepis is wireless. Two things appeared to be working against me:

1) Outdated BIOS. I downloaded the newest one from HP and installed it. I thought I had an Omnibook 4150, but I found out I have a 4150b.

2) Network Manager does not seem to work at all with my wireless card. When I activate it, I lose my connection. Reboot, rinse, repeat and I get the same result. Turn off Network Manager (meaning I have to manually start and stop the network if I go from wireless to wired and vice versa) and all is well...so far. I have not tried to use the wired connection. I am kinda afraid that if I do, I will lose my wireless :) and wireless is more important to me.

Our Elder at church was taken to the hospital Thursday or Friday after collapsing at home. He is in normally good health so he passing out was a surprise. They took him to the ER and they eventually found out that he had an ulcer, which they are now treating him for. He was at church today but he looked very weak. I prayed with him for a little while during service. That man means a lot to me.

No comments: