Thursday, June 07, 2007

When You Wish Upon A Star

I have been praying that this week would go smoothly and so far it has. Work, while in constant flux, is not too bad. Home life is pretty good, albeit full of activities. It seems that before I know it, it is time for bed.

My wife was at aerobics when I got home. There was no "honey do" list, so I just took care of the dogs (food/water/potty) and put some corn on the grill to roast. I did not get it quite done enough, but it was edible...a bit crunchy perhaps, but edible. My wife made it home right as the corn was finishing up.

We ate fried chicken salad with ranch dressing and chatted about our day. I washed the dishes while my wife took a breather. She was on the run all day long running errands and going to the grocery store. When I was done, I let the dogs back out for a little while and when 8:00 PM rolled around, I let them in and turned on VS TV to watch WEC WreCkAGE. Some might call it "UFC Lite" but I think it can stand on its own. A few of the names I recognize from the UFC (Frank Mir is one of the announcers) but most are new to me. I am seeing a level of talent that is sometimes lacking in the UFC.

When that was over I went in to the living room to see what my wife was watching. I honestly cannot remember since I kept falling asleep, so I just went to bed. My wife followed, but I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The morning routine was pretty normal. Just as I was pulling in to the parking lot at work, my BiC who I have been counseling, called to give me an update on the interview he went on. It was his third interview with the company (one on the phone, one local, and one at the main office). What he described to me was pretty weird...it may be better if he does not get the job. Too much personal detail to elaborate on...you will have to take my word on it.

As I got settled in at work, the Swede called me to let me know he was going to be in late. It seems the issue he was working on kept him up late (that and the fact that a lawyer from Sweden called him at 3 AM our time) and he asked me to track this one until he came in. I made a few phone calls and updated the ticket and the threat board with the pertinent data and will do so until he comes in.

During this incident, I got a phone call from another Swede who works in our building. He forgot his passport in his office and needed someone to bring it to him. I was flying solo here, so I could not leave but I was able to find someone to help. While the guy I found is not very happy at this moment (getting to and from DFW from here during rush hour takes about 2-3 hours), he is doing it. He most likely will be a bear when he gets back from that little excursion.

No comments: