Monday, June 11, 2007

Let's Get It On!

After I was finished blogging Saturday night, I realized Bodog Fighting was on. It is an MMA league similar to the UFC only not as flashy. I was able to watch three really good bouts before I decided to go to bed.

Sunday was typical for me. I went through my normal routine and led a Sunday school class before the main service started. Nothing really noteworthy other than the fact we were going to have a special guest for the evening service. Duncan Holmes, a pianist who has been blind since birth, would be blessing us that evening with stories and song.

My wife and I had lunch at Arby's before we went home to take our normal Sunday afternoon siesta. Getting old is tough :) .

I was woken up from my slumber by a call from our son serving in Kuwait. He was in the mood to chat until he accidentally knocked over something and had to cut the call short. Whatever it was must have been funny to him...he was laughing so hard it was difficult to understand him. he promised to call / e-mail me with an update.

Now that I was up I ate some of the leftover pizza before we headed over to church for the service that was going to be led by Duncan Holmes. As expected, the music and stories were entertaining. The man has quiet a bit of talent. He does not let his lack of eyesight keep him from giving his all.

After the service we stopped over to Tom Thumb to pick up some specials they had. Add the coupons on top of the sale prices and for less than $25, we had our cart well stocked with lunch food, tortillas, cereal bars, milk, yogurt, and bananas. One of our better trips thanks to the coupons.


Now that we were back home we needed to take all three dogs for a walk. The were in the mood to run so I took two of them to the school yard and turned them loose. After 15 minutes of acting like puppies, I gathered them up and brought them home where they consumed a quart of water in short order. Once they cooled down we all got ready for bed.

I woke up a bit more tired than usual and my left hip (the one that gave me trouble when I had sciatica) was hurting. I shrugged it off and went through my typical morning routine. I wanted to leave a bit early since I had to stop and get gasoline. When I got to Kroger's to get the gas, I was pleased to see the price had dropped to $2.86 (not a bargain but better than the $3.00 I normally see) so I filled up the tank and was on my way.

I got to work and noticed that my partner in crime (my new team lead) was not at work and neither was the Swede I traded jobs with. After a while the Swede came in and told me that the TL was having car problems. I was only slightly concerned since the Swede was in and I figured unless things got very ugly, I could handle it. The worry started creeping in when the Swede told me he was hung over. That made me think that he could go home and try to leave me with both jobs with no one to assist (almost surely a suicidal situation). I will remain hopeful and keep chugging along.

Well my hopes of going to see a Celtic rock band free in the park this evening have been dashed since I have forgotten that the Trustees meet tonight. Oh well. I guess it was not meant to be. Maybe some time later.

No comments: