Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hot In The City

According to the weather forecast, it will be 95 tomorrow...it was 91 today and I was out mowing grass in it. While it was uncomfortable, I completed the task quicker than I expected. The only hitch was just as I was finishing up. I received a call on the escalation hotline about 10 minutes before I went in to clean up. It was not anything major and by the time I called him and the contact in Europe, it was resolved. With that out of the way, I was able to get a shower and scrape off the layer of crud I accumulated working in the 90 degree heat for 3 hours non-stop.

I got out of the shower and my wife asked me if Little Caesar's Pizza was okay for dinner. It had been a while since we had pizza and the price is right ( about $9.00) for a two topping deep dish. My wife called it in and I went across the street to pick it up. 15 minutes later we were savoring deep dish mushroom and sausage goodness.

The first task of the day was my normal vacuuming and the changing of the bedding in our bedroom. I broke that task up into three parts, to allow my wife to run her errands without either one of us getting in the other's way. The plan worked. I was done about the same time she was.

After the vacuuming, mowing, and eating, it was time for me to work on my Sunday school lesson. Judges 3 (Ehud and Shamgar) was the base of the lesson and it was pretty easy to write up. It only took 1.5 hours to read, research, and write the lesson.

By 7:30 I was done with all my tasks, so I decided to walk the three dogs (one at a time). It was a long hot walk (times three)...one that I am glad is over. Once I got back I grabbed a bottled water and checked the TV to see what was on. Nothing looked good, so I grabbed the laptop to check the news. Nothing interesting was found, so I figured it was as good a time as any to check e-mail and blog a bit.

It sure is hot and humid outside.

No comments: