Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wait For Sleep

It seems that the weeks that I am not on call, all I want to do in my "spare" time is sleep. Last night I was in bed by 10:00 PM...again. At least I had enough sense to shut down my laptop first.

I spent a couple of hours playing with the 620LX I was given. I was correct in stating that I had a C2032 battery to put in it, so that was task one. Then I worked on getting it to sync with my Windows PC and got it up to date with patches. Once that was done, I worked on getting it on the web, but after about an hour of fiddling with it, I gave up. None of the three wired NIC's worked and the wireless one did not have a prayer. I did not check out any freeware for it, but that can come in time. It will be a side hobby...I still have mistergeek.com to revamp...I am only 11 months behind schedule on that one!

Work was pretty good yesterday. Our arch enemy ($Massive_Enterprise_App and communication with other servers) made a return visit, affecting 3-4 end users off and on yesterday. Of course the team in Europe could not find any problems and now I am wondering if the customer has become hyper sensitive to the issue since they were burned so badly by it a few weeks ago. I cannot get any answers, even after mass e-mails to 20+ people.

**UPDATE** I IM'ed a colleague in Brazil who has the good fortune of sitting near some of the more "vocal" end users (as well as those he works with in IT) and he says that their have not been any reports of issues. While that is helpful, it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

The weather in North Central Texas has been anything but typical. It has rained so much people are beginning to compare us with Seattle, WA. DFW airport has reported over 10 inches of rain so far this month and one area south has reported 18 inches in 24 hours. Who would have thought that we would have this much rain after 2 years of drought. IIRC, we are wetter than Alabama is right now.

No comments: