Saturday, June 23, 2007

Off Call, Now I Can Get Some Work Done!

I was relieved of my on call duties at 7:00 AM this morning. Now that I was off call I could get some work done. Trying to run errands and do chores like cutting grass and vacuuming is difficult when you are being called to manage things at work.

I got back to my regular routine with dog walking and coffee but did not check mail until later in the morning. I had a haircut appointment at 9:20 AM and after that was over I started the vacuuming. I was almost finished when I noticed I was beginning to shake from lack of food. All I had to eat for breakfast was a banana.

My wife was bringing home sandwich fixin's so I while I waited, I tweaked her Win 2000 laptop to recognize her mp3 player (Microsoft has a patch, but it was hard to find...) and when my wife got home, we ate.

After the meal was finished, my wife told me to go ahead and get started mowing the yard(s) and she would clean up the kitchen. No need to tell me twice.

I spent the next four hours in the hot sun mowing some rather high grass. I honestly was not sure I was going to make it, but eventually I did. Once all the trimming and edging (and clean-up) was done, I hopped in the shower to scrub away 4+ hours of sweat and grime.

When I got out, I grilled some brats, a steak, and some salmon on the grill while my wife fixed the sides. Once all that was done, we had a feast with plenty of leftovers for the next few days.

I still did not have my Sunday school lesson started yet, so I figured I better get started on it while I was still motivated. For the next 2.5 hours I worked on a lesson about Gideon and his shaky faith. I think we all have something to learn there.

After my lesson was complete and it had been e-mailed to my class, I walked Little Man.

I have had a busy day. I am glad I am off call for week.

No comments: