Monday, June 04, 2007

Quick Update

Just a quick note to my "regulars"...

I had to handle all three dogs this morning (walking 2, then letting 1 out...she does not like to walk in the morning much) which includes feeding and watering. Jazzie drinks a lot of water. I bet the three dogs go through 2 gallons a day.

I am training with the new group today. I changed the (my old role) hotline to ring the Swede's phone during the day and my mobile at night (very few (if any) night calls on that team). I have him monitoring the quick response R&D ticket queue and he is doing okay with that. He still is not happy, but at least he is doing the job.

Next week I should be in the new group 100% and the week after I should be on call for the first time. This week will be spent on training and learning the role a bit better.

I placed an order with our facilities people to put a second desk in an office that has better mobile phone coverage...the new group I am moving to needs to have its team members sitting together or near each other. No window, but that just means it will be cooler in the summer. It is slightly bigger than the their old office.

My wife has my truck today...she is taking it to get the oil changed...I can do it but it is costlier and messier, plus I have to dispose of the oil myself...not fun. I get to drive the minivan today...woo-hoo (/sarcasm).

No comments: