Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wait For Sleep

The rest of my day at work was pretty good. Nothing major happened and although I had some training that I needed to view online, I was not motivated to do so.

I called my wife as was leaving to discuss with her the conversation with my boss and his boss. There was not much to say regarding it, but she was curious. When I got home I let out the dogs, grabbed the mail, fed the dogs and nuked some leftovers for me. I had to be at the city library at 6:30 to meet the student that I am leading through "One on One Discipling". "Harry" is a nice guy. He works at a local convention center setting up for events and conferences. He appears to be a little slow. Not only in speech, but in actions and thought. When I was asked to disciple him, the man in charge of the program (the one who took me through it) told me it would be a challenge because Harry is special case. We have only met twice in the past 30 days and we have only completed one chapter. God has some very ingenious ways of teaching us to respect and have patience with others.

The lesson went well and Harry did quite well considering his situation. He answered many of the questions quite well, but some of the questions that I thought were easy he did not answer. We discussed the answers and my thoughts on the matter and proceeded on.

The lesson did not take nearly as long as I had thought it would (although we did skip a lot of scripture reading in interest of time) and I was back home by 8:30 PM.

I stopped at the store for my wife to pick up a couple of things and noticed they had Breyer's ice cream pints on sale, 10 for $10. I grabbed two in addition to my regular list and went home.

After I got back I walked Little Man and then came back to watch "Law and Order: SVU". It was a repeat but it is one of my favorite episodes. Brian Dennehy starred as a dying ex-con who had a story to tell. I found it fascinating.

I was tired so I just went to bed and read for a little while, eventually falling asleep in the process. I woke up shortly after that and put down my book, took of my specs, and went fast asleep.

I woke up feeling pretty good, but I am having the hardest time waking up. I feel like I am just waiting to fall back to sleep. This would be a bad day to be handling major issues!

No comments: