Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tangled Up in (Carolina) Blue

Go 'Heels! UNC advances to the Sweet 16 after a long and entertaining game against Michigan State (who they faced 2 years ago and beat...in OT) ... a team that just would not give up. I was glad I could watch the game on TV instead of my PC.

Speaking of PC's, I worked on the two I was given from my wife's boss the other day. Once has an intermittent on/off issue and the other (I think) has a short in the mobo. The PSU fires up but the PC will not go into POST...I have unplugged all the connections (except the main plug) but the result is always the same. I may keep the case and HD but I am not sure about the rest. The PSU is only 250 watts.

The PC with the intermittent on/off issue I reloaded and patched and I plan on making it a gift (of sorts) to a family at church who really could use one. I will not go into details on the off chance someone who knows them reads this blog. I told the guy I had one and he asked me how much I would sell it for. I never sell gifts...besides I told him that I would not support it since the problem was intermittent (it is a cheap e-machines box), but he could have it if he wanted it. I told my wife's boss that I was going to give the box away and cannibalize the other. He had no issues with that.

I went our churches men's breakfast yesterday and enjoyed the fellowship like I normally do. We had a guest speaker but he was not my cup of tea. Many of the other men seemed to enjoy him and if someone else was blessed, far be it from me to complain. I talked to my minister about his laptop issue and he told me he had not even started working on it yet. Later I found out that the associate pastor helped him. I am glad he had the time...my day was booked.

I helped clean up and was out my 11:00 AM. I got home and then started working on the PC (wiping, reloading, and patching) while I waited for the clothes to finish in the dryer. Once those were done, I started a big patch download and install and went to Home Depot for lawn items to use on our neighbor's yard. I wanted to finish it up today.

HD had everything I was looking for except a plant spray and sod. No one has sod yet (new construction is taking it all...it feels like the old Soviet Union! Every time we need something, contractors have first dibs and we cannot get them until it is almost too late. Oh well.

I got home and worked on the yard and after I was done, I ate and worked on the PC. While the PC was downloading and installing, I vacuumed most of the house, stopping long enough to press "enter" on the keyboard or reboot and download more patches. I think by 6:30 PM I was completely finished so I grabbed some dinner (biscuit, juice, granola bar, mango) and settled in to watch the game. I walked Little Man at half time and when I got back, I resumed watching the game. After a satisfying time in front of the tube watching UNC wear down MSU, I got a shower and went to bed.

No comments: