Monday, March 26, 2007

Time Is (Not) On My Side

I had a sinus headache last night, so I took some Tylenol Sinus and started to feel better, but oddly enough, I got very sleepy. I was just finishing up my weekly call to mom (she talked for 50 minutes and I got about 10) when I decided to go to bed...at 8:00 PM. I just could not hold my eyes open...who drugged my tea?

I slept straight through the night and at 6:45 my wife says, "El, it is almost 7:00...you are going to be late.) It appears that my alarm did not go off...again. The problem is very intermittent, but I think I know what causes it, so I am testing it now.

Needless to say that my nice 2 hour wake up period was jammed into 30 minutes. No coffee, no bible, no dog walk, no breakfast...you get the idea. All I got was a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, and pack my lunch. I took breakfast with me (gotta love oatmeal packets) as well as a Monster Lo Carb Energy Drink to sub for my morning coffee. I will read the bible shortly after I wake up.

A few thoughts from yesterday:

* Sitting on the couch with a Laptop on your lap for over an hour is ... hot. 'Nuff said.
* Church went well, luncheon was nice but the food was not so nice. I got the feeling people did not put much effort into their cover dishes.
* I Worked on a story for the BSOBLog (hence the "hot lap"). We are taking an event from "The BSOB Years" and each of us (me, Knightmare Duck, and Holmes...we are trying to get M'Wonga on board with it) are telling it from our point of view. So far it has been fun. We have three stories done so far and three more planned.
* Basketball game (UNC vs Georgetown) at 4:00 pm CDT today. Just as I had predicted, the 'Heels lost. They were very sporadic and the Hoyas had their way with them a majority of the game.
* The weather was wreaking havoc on my sinuses and they still hurt to some degree 12 hours later. Hmppph.
* As much as I love the metal of the 80's, I cannot watch the videos any more. It is embarrassing.

No comments: