Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Love A Rainy Night

North Central Texas received some much needed rain yesterday evening. Walking Little Man in it was fun...really. I enjoy walking in the rain, I tend to do some of my best thinking when I am wet. It rained a better part of the evening. The lake levels are still down and the county says we will still be under "drought conditions" the remainder of 2007.

Dinner was excellent. My wife made broiled Salmon Spinach salad and I could not get enough of it...I wish she would have made more. She used a garlic Teryaki marinade and the fish came out yummy. With a little Blue Bell ice cream and a glass of milk, I was set.

"24" was on the watch list (actually the only thing on my watch list) last night. I am starting to pick out more and more flaws in the show and it is beginning to bug my wife. I guess I better cool it some or I will get kicked out of the living room.

I went to bed at a normal time (10:30) after "24" was over and after I had read a little of a book I am borrowing, "The Death of Innocents" by Sister Helen Prejean. It is a pretty good book so far. It is not one I would have picked up but a woman in my care group thought I might like it so she let me borrow it. It is a slow read for me because it is out of my interest genre, but it is pretty good nonetheless. I am still not against the death penalty and that is what the book is pushing, but I understand the drawbacks to it.

I woke up feeling pretty good this morning. I think my body is finally in synch with the sleep it needed and I think the rain helped. It knocked all the allergens out of the air so I am not breathing them all day long.

Well, time to get ready for work.

Ciao!

No comments: