Tuesday, March 20, 2007

MIllion Miles Away

My day has just been made brighter...Soldier Boy just called me. He is doing well and has been doing some missions in Kuwait (The war on terror goes everywhere) and will be heading to Europe on leave in a few days. he has promised to take lots of pictures. Talking to him made me realize how far away he actually is and how much I miss him.

I got to work this morning, said hi to my boss and his boss as they came in, and started my work routine. God smiled on me today by not piling my plate full from square one so said a quick prayer of thanks and took care my morning duties. No hitches. I went and checked in with Inc Mgmt to see how things were going and things were pretty much under control...which is usually how things are with those two. The are sharp guys.

When lunch time rolled around, my boss and my bosses boss came into my office to talk. I was eating, but I figured I could give them the time. We chatted about a few things I had brought to their attention and they gave me their ideas about what could be done to rectify the problems. I listened and gave them my opinions and told them that we should meet again to iron out the details.

With that out of the way, I finished my lunch and went out to the truck to catch a few "z's". I was only out a second when the phone rang...It was our Soldier in Kuwait. Talking to him beats sleep any day (or night) of the week.

God bless our soldiers.

No comments: