Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Don't Need No Doctor

It would be nice if when you were sick,the world would just stop. I have been sick for just under a week with different symptoms all the time. And like most men, I hate going to the doctor. It might pay off (with antibiotics) but then again, it is allergy season.

The first day or so was just a stuffy head and a minor sore throat. Those were pretty mild. Then I had stomach issues/GI issues that were mild, but at the same time sinus problems were creeping in. Last night, I had THE mother of all sinus headaches. I did not sleep well and the pain was so intense I thought I was going to cry. The over the counter stuff I have been taking for the rest of the symptoms has helped but even extra strength sinus headache meds barely make a dent in the discomfort. Today, while I am at work, I am tired. I feel like I need more rest. Not surprising since I did not sleep well at all last night. Enough of the complaining...I know you really do not need to read about my little discomforts.

When I got home from work, my wife was working on our neighbors shrubs. I have been mowing the grass for 4 years now and my wife has been doing her shrubs about the same amount of time. She likes the detail my wife and I put into the work we do for her.

As usual, my wife was finishing up outside (raking and bagging up the clippings. She had left me a note on the counter to take care of the clothes in the dryer (which I did) and then I changed clothes to help her put away the tools. Since I was not feeling well, I was not very talkative nor "loving" but I did help her clean up. Once that was done, I went in and used the rest of the pancake batter to make dinner for me, since my wife had already eaten.

After dinner I washed and put away a small mountain of dishes from breakfast, lunch, dinner. I entered some receipts into my accounting program, AceMoney (which by the way is a great little program...free of course). and then watched "24" and Sunday's episode of "Battlestar Galactica". ***Spoiler*** while I am sure it is not really the end, they killed of Starbuck. The reason why I am sure it is not the end is because Starbuck is reminded time and time again how special she is and killing her off with fulfilling her "destiny" seems silly. JMHO / YMMV.

After that, I went to bed, but as I previously stated, I did not sleep well at all. I may go home early, depending on how I feel after lunch.

No comments: