Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cry Yourself To Sleep

Well one hour after a "world is going to end if this VIP is not helped now" call, I received a confirmation that the issue had been resolved. Never one to let a sleeping dog lie, I dug around and found that the issue had not been resolved, but it would be after a replication of the data occurred about 12 hours from the submittal of the job. The mgmt of our customer reminds me of Chicken Little. I guess I should try to have fun with it.

My boss was not able to get back to me but that is not too surprising considering the workload and stress he has. I can cut him some slack. He is trying to manage a lot right now.

The rest of the day was rather lackluster. When I got home my wife was finishing up cleaning the kitchen and had not had a chance to cook dinner. That was not a big deal to me so I just decided to eat leftovers. I helped my wife put stuff back in the kitchen (chairs, trash can, dog food bins, etc) then we had hot dogs and some left over roasted potatoes from the other night.

I checked e-mail and entered receipts into AceMoney then walked Little Man before it rained. It had been threatening to do so all day long and I was not sure when the sky would open up and give us a healthy downpour. We returned before any rain fell and I settled in with my wife to watch "24". It was a good episode and left you anxiously wanting to see what happens next, which is exactly what the writers are shooting for. While I like the show, I am not sure how many more seasons I will want to watch it. The formula is far to predictable, even if the the details are not.

After "24" I watched Battlestar Galactica, which was a two-part epi leading up to the end of the season. It looks like it will be a long summer! I just hope "The 4400" is as good this season as it was the last.

After my TV watching was done, I went to the bedroom and read a little before I got sleepy and dozed off. I slept pretty well but my wife got up early because she could not sleep. I walked Little Man and had my coffee while I checked what was going on in the world.

I was able to leave at a decent time...early enough that I had time to stop and get gasoline for my truck before I got to work. I saved .10 a gallon since my wife and I had over $100 worth of grocery purchases from Kroger, so my fill-up was about $40. Not great, but better than full price.

No comments: