Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting

Friday was not a bad day but the weather was not very pleasant. Wind and rain plagued us in North Central Texas and since we did not have our furniture in place, it turned out to be a boring night. I think the highlight of it was Law and Order. The work day was non-eventful as well. I even left early :).

I did get on the PC in the office to check mail and enter in some receipts. No real surprises other than $80 spent by my wife at Academy Sporting good on clothes for vacation. She does not buy much (more than I do but still not much more) so I was not worried. I like to be told that the money is coming out, though. I really want to be debt free (minus the house) in 18 months. The goal was 12 months but dog surgery moved out that date 6 months.

I woke up feeling pretty good and by the time I got up my lovely wife had already walked the dog. That left me time to make coffee and wake up. The only thing I had planned to do was go film a segment for a church production that we are doing next Sunday. I was needed at Lamb and Lion Studios at 1:00 PM and our pastor (who had to be there as well) offered to pick me up. We arrived at the studio and our pastor and one other man began working on the first scene that needed filmed. I used that time to study my lines (I had not been able to get the 10 or 12 lines down yet...shame on me). I struggled for about an hour until the first scene was done. Then it was my turn to get on camera with the pastor to do a short scene. It took 4 tries, but we finally got it. The only one that was left was the scene with pastor and his wife, who was playing Mary. Oddly enough, that only took one take and then we were done. 3 scenes, 3 hours.

I got home and changed the bedding in our room (vacuuming the mattress first) and then grabbed a bite to eat. I had lunch but it was light and I was beginning to get hungry. I had a couple of pork sloppy joes, some pita chips, and a Monster energy drink and then started moving stuff back into my office. I think the floor is dry now.

My wife is washing the dogs (she groomed them earlier) and I am helping with laundry. I have some dishes to do, but that will not take long. Other than that, I do not have much going on today. Maybe there will be some fights on TV to watch.

No comments: