Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yesterday / Did You Ever Notice...

I have to admit that yesterday went rather well at work. Nothing blew up, although there were several small things that went wrong. Nothing that would stop our customer's business, but very annoying nonetheless. The teams involved did a good job of taking care of them.

I got home before my wife so I let out and fed the dogs. I tosseed some Zatarain's Cheezy Jambalaya in the microwave with some leftover JalapeƱo sausage to make a quick meal. After my wife got home, I realized that she was not a fan of the spicy mix, so she just had a bacon and cheese wrap...my own little 1 minute meal (take a wrap, sprinkle your choice of cheese on it, add bacon bits, and nuke for 3o seconds. After it is done, add lettuce and mayo).

My wife bought a second end table from (of all places) Kroger and asked me to put it together. She had purchased one the day before and I put that one together for her that evening. She liked it so much she bought another. She had told me that Kroger's had sold out of all but two of them that second day. They are not "quality", but they are real wood, not particle board. They go together with screws and are pretty sturdy overall. Most of the holes lined up and I only made one mistake on the first one...dyslexics of the world, untie!

After that little even, I grabbed a couple of pieces of candy (Hershey's Treasures ... Mint Truffle) while my wife made herself a mug of Starbuck's Christmas Blend Decaf Coffee and we watched UFC 66. As usual, my lovely wife fell asleep during the 3 hour event, so she missed some pretty good action, but she can always catch it later. I cannot blame her, I was bushed when it was over, so we went straight to bed (well, I had to walk the dogs first). True to form, once my wife got into bed she could not sleep, so she grabbed hockey-puck and surfed the web for an hour or so, then she went to sleep.

While I was walking the dogs, I noticed the full moon (I really love the light that a full moon casts (okay it actually reflects) on the earth. It really looks cool if you live in the country away from the city lights). Last night, the full moon and the cloud cover looked light a giant eye. I wish my digital camera (yeah, I know it is 6 years old) took good night shots...I would loved to had gotten a picture of it. it was really quite interesting. It looked a lot like this, but hazier.

I woke up a bit stiff, but still not sore at all...night number 3 on our new Ikea mattress. I really like it so far and it cost about half what the big name foam mattresses cost. In my mind, we did well. I guess this means my wife will use what we saved on the bed to by the other furniture she wants!


Now,

* Did you even notice that stores seem to run big sales on exercise equipment right after the holidays?
* Did you ever notice that the day you forget to take home your note pad from work, that is the day you get called asking for a piece of information written on it?
* Did you ever notice that no matter how much you love a certain food, there are limits on how many days in a row you can eat it?
* Did you ever notice that some people will go out of their way to thank you for the little things but completely ignore the late nights and long weekends you spent getting things "just right"?

1 comment:

rycherox said...

TBH and I put together our new computer desk when we moved last year. We thought we did a bang up job until we noticed ONE little shelf at the bottom. We put the board on upside down. Two screws show, glaring at us like dweebs we are. It took TWO people to make that mistake. At least the printer's big enough to cover it.