Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Invisible Sun and Phone Calls

Okay, where did all my sunshine and warm(er) weather go? It is currently cloudy (well, overcast) and 39 degrees...a far cry from the upper 40's the local weather folks told us was coming. Oh yeah, it was sunny yesterday, but it did not get very warm though. Weather.com said it got to 44, but it did not feel like it. Maybe it was just that darn wind that always blows making it feel colder than it actually is. No matter. I want SUNSHINE!

The forecast for tomorrow is for sun and a high of 51...but I will not hold my breath.

I have had several phone calls today...actually if my wife and my BiC call me, that is average. I do not talk much on the phone if possible. I prefer e-mail and IM :-) . First call was a wrong number. Somehow a person who called the switch board asking for the help desk was transferred to me. Then my boss called and asked about a non-issue that has been handed to me and I do not know why. A little later a BiC (JK) called and asked for a couple hours of my time to help him with his PC. He needs the help tonight so I told him I would as soon as I got home and ate.


Finally my wife called. She is worried about the Golden. She had surgery in the spring and while that leg has healed, she is showing problems in the other. My wife was asking me if she could take the dog to the vet to get a professional opinion on the situation. I told her to go ahead. If I have to spend bonus money on something, it should at least be on something meaningful to my wife. I am not trying to be cold...we have already put about $2500 into surgery for one leg, which we are still paying on (11 more months)...we do not have a great deal left from the bonus I got, (new mattress took about 25% of it, 50% went to building back up our buffer and the rest is put away for vacation, half which has been already paid) and I am not sure we can afford another surgery.
{sigh}

No comments: