Sunday, January 07, 2007

Checking In

As my weekend comes to a close and my eyelids grow heavy I realize I have not written anything down in my blog. I have not worn myself out by working all weekend, but I did manage to keep mostly busy.

Saturday I used a Swiffer to dust my office before I started vacuuming the house. I was surprised how efficient it was. While my office is not up to my wife's high standards, she did say that I did a pretty good job. I was able to dust and to talk to Mickey on the phone for about 30 minutes. He needed a pep talk and I came along at just the right time.

After talking and dusting, I got started on the stripping/making the bed and vacuuming the house. As always, I pulled a ton of pet hair out of the carpet. If you saw what I pull out in a given week, you would think we never vacuum, but the fact of the matter is that we vacuum TWICE a week. Our oldest dog is shedding very badly. I feel sorry for him and his allergies.

After the bed and been stripped and made, my office dusted (a chore in itself), and the house vacuumed, I let the dogs out and ate a bit of lunch. My wife came back from running errands and going to aerobics and we chatted for a while. I watch a little TV and did some computer work (and ran to the dump to get rid of the old mattress) before getting cleaned up to go to Mickey and Mary's house for dinner. It was not going to be anything fancy, just some taco salad and dessert along with coffee and a movie. We watched "Barnyard" and while it was entertaining, I did not really think it was a "good" animated film. JMHO.

We left their house at 9:00 or so and headed south so I could get home and walk little man. He was not really wanted to walk, but I finally convinced him to go. When we got back, the Golden wanted to go out, but not to walk. She was in a sniffing mood. I guess a pup has marked territory in our yard and it is driving the Golden crazy.

I woke up a bit stiff and kinda sore (I think from the dump run), but after a few minutes I was okay. I walked little man and then let the Golden out to sniff in the yard and to let her do her thing. Dogs are weird sometimes.

After coffee and some bible reading, I got my shower and headed to church for Sunday School. I was going to a different class this time that was studying the book of Revelation. Believe it or not, I have homework for next week. Wow.

After Sunday School and service, we were invited to the home of one of the church family's for lunch. We are not overly close to these people, but a good way to meet people is by breaking bread with them. While the meal was not spectacular, it was pleasant and we all enjoyed good conversation. I think about 15 of us were there.

We got home and I finished watching "Fight Club" which is a very odd movie...one I am glad I did not to see at the theater. I think I will just leave it at that.

I called mom later on in the evening and chatted with her for a while. Not much ever changes in her world, but I think she prefers it that way. My wife was shopping while I was home and it was pretty quiet. No phone calls or doorbells. Both dogs were well behaved and I was not overly tired.

Next week is going to be a bit busier than most...I have a trustee meeting Monday, Care group in Wednesday, and a Mgrs meeting either Thursday or Friday (we received 2 meeting requests in Outlook for it...I need to find out which day). I have some PC work to do for a couple of people at some time, but that is flexible. I need to clean out my desk at home and get rid of some junk that has accumulated over the past couple of years and of course there is always document shredding to be done. I try to make sure that it does not pile up too much.

I also need to start prepping for tax time. I usually put all my receipts together by recipient before we start the filing process. Right now, 2006 tax stuff is all in one folder unsorted but I will sort it out pretty soon. That will give me an idea on the refund we will get. I am hoping for about what we received last year, but something tells me that will not be the case. Only time will tell.

No comments: