Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Party's Over...

The weekend is winding down and I am sitting here with two Linux boxes...my stable Ubuntu 6.10 workhorse and my sandbox laptop. The sandbox is getting it's second OS install of the weekend and I am typing up my blog on the other.

The sandbox has a spare hard drive (it is smaller, but usable) so I after getting Mepis configured with wifi I yanked the HD out and put in the spare to install PCLinuxOS, an Madriva offshoot. It loaded fast and everything worked...except wireless, even though the driver was included in the distro. I fought with it but no dice, so I wiped it and started on install #2, Foresight. The advert said it was easy enough for noobs (my term, not their's) but flexible enough for pro's. Well, I am still sitting here an hour after I started and it still says it has 75 minutes to go...I am not sure I want to stay up that long to finish it. Of course I will have an update on it later...

Yesterday the weather was nice but cool but later on it got COLD and rainy. All that happened while we were in Anna, TX visiting a friend and helping him celebrate his birthday with about 20 others...mostly from our church. We had pizza, punch, and cake and really had a great time chatting. There were "no gifts allowed" but since he is a Harley Davidson nut, we got him an authorized deck (actually 2 decks) of playing cards.

We stayed for about 3 hours and decided to let them have their house back...we figured we had stayed long enough. We jumped in the van and drove back home to feed, water, and walk the dogs.

After getting home and taking care of things, I jumped on the PC to make some updates to my blog, which I seem to be doing a lot of lately. I guess that is okay, but sometimes I wonder if I should cut back a bit.

Church was nice today. Mickey and a couple others from our church announced that we are starting a motorcycle ministry . Mickey is very excited and was almost in tears as he made the announcement and thanked everyone for helping. He even had the other two members join him and they all brought their bikes: A Harley, a Buell Blast, and a Honda Shadow. It looked neat.

We had lunch at Arby's and then went to Burlington Coat Factory to get a few things for me...socks and a new black belt. My wife returned something she bought a while back and bought some more socks to work out in.

We came back home and took care of the dogs and then I got on the PC and have been here most of the evening, except when I called mom and walked Little Man. I am turning into such a geek...at least I am not watching TV all the time...right?

No comments: