Friday, January 05, 2007

All In A Days Work

The past couple of days have been rather uneventful at work. I closed another escalation (the first one I opened) so I do not have any open at this time. Of course that will change, but that is okay. Escalations are why I am here...

I took one of the Swede's with me to Fry's (I was checking UPS and PSU prices) since he needed to look at a UPS as well. We no sooner got out of my truck when his pager went off, indicating that he was needed for an incident. Instead of leaving immediately, we did a quick look in the store, but did not buy anything.

On the way out I asked the Swede if he wanted to call and check on the page and he told me no, that it would be a wasted call. We got back to the office and I put my food in the microwave oven to heat up and the Swede comes up to me laughing and said, "I should of listened to you. The page was a hang up. We could have finished our shopping." Oh well. Maybe there was a reason we were pulled away from Fry's...God does work in odd ways sometimes.

After lunch, the Swede got an e-mail from our boss asking him to send off all of our work instructions to the Team Lead of the KL teams. The Swede is not happy about this at all, and forwards me a copy. Are we looking at more outsourcing? My gut says no, but I have been wrong before...a few times to be exact.

Well, I am not sure what the weekend has in store for us. We do not have plans, but I hope to do something...just to get out of the house. I know I will have my normal chores, but they will not take all day...maybe a trip to World Market and Fry's...

No comments: