Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back To The Grind

Well, after a relatively mild holiday (Christmas and New Years) for us, it is back to the grind for both me and my wife. We both are back to work today. While I got and come home a bit earlier than she does (normally), we both could have a small stack of things to do. She did not work last week so her task list could be larger...I worked from home and most of the people I interact with were on holiday...something I wish I could have done in some ways, but I guess things happen for a reason.

I came in to work needing to do a little bit of updating on my customer PC (the one I use to connect to their network) and also update my time sheets (we have 2 that we have to use, one for customer billed time and one to record time away from work). Once that was done, I had a phone call to return, some e-mail that came in from Europe this morning (mostly CC'd stuff), and of course, my reports and dispatching of he cases that came in over the weekend. All in all, it only took me 1.5 hours to get caught up so the rest of the day I will be in reactionary mode.

I had almost forgotten to check the High Severity board until I saw an e-mail that jogged my memory. Once I logged onto that system, I noticed that the high sevs were under control and I would not have to worry about anything until lunch time or later.

One of the guys who was out last week stopped by a few minutes ago to ask me how my holiday went. We chatted for a little while, discussing his new wireless broadband internet. It seems to work pretty well in most places, but he has a weekend home in the country that is a little out of the way and the service will not reach there very well.

He also brought up issues on our jobs and what 2007 will bring and I quickly told him I was not going to worry about it. We either will have jobs with this company or we will not. And if we end up getting laid off, then so be it. God will open a door for me someplace. Maybe I will become self employed, maybe not.

I woke up again today without any pain in my back. It would be nice if the memory foam and the Ikea mattress is the solution to my back pain. So far it has done well...two mornings without pain, just a little stiffness. I fully expect the stiffness..comes with having a back that is 10 years older than I am. Yeah, my doc says I have the back of a 50+ year old man. Scary.

No comments: