Friday, January 26, 2007

Love Shack Updated and Lunch Is Served

The chapter in Chronicles entitled "Love Shack" has been updated courtesy of Knightmare Duck. I was simply amazed at what he remembered. Thanx KD, I appreciate it greatly. More chapters will follow (I am working on about 5 at the same time, but I have a lot of fleshing out to do still).

Yesterday I packed a lunch as I normally do and went to work to begin another days work. When I arrived, I discovered that the office was having lunch catered (yes they told us but I forgot), so my bagged lunch was not needed. I made a mental note to retrieve this BEFORE I went home because the cleaning crew will sometimes get the munchies and help themselves.

At 11:30 AM, we met in the B11 conference room and were told to help ourselves to sandwiches and salads from Cafe Max...I love the chicken salad they make. I had some pasta salad, a sandwich and some chicken salad, along with a few chips and a bottled water. They had fruit and muffins as well, but I was full with what I had. I allowed myself a Klondike bar (Heath flavored) then after spending the rest of the time chatting with colleagues, I helped clean up. I made up a container for my wife (chicken salad and fruit) and asked if I could have the bottled water to keep in my office (there was a six pack left) and I was told to help myself.

The rest of the day was slow and I ended up leaving at 4 PM (30 mins early) because of it. I got home and took care of the dogs, put the clothes that were in the washer into the dryer, and waited for my wife. Once she got home we ate (I had my bagged lunch, she had what I brought from lunch) and surfed the web. Nothing was on TV, so we just goofed off on the web and then hit the hay early...9:30 PM or so.

When I got up, I was not as rested as I hoped, but I did not feel too bad. I just followed my normal routine and went to work just like I always do..hoping that today would not be a bad day but a great way to start the weekend. We shall see...

1 comment:

rycherox said...

Heath flavored Klondike bars are the bomb. I don't keep them in the house. If I did I'd be one of those 500 pound people you see getting wheeled out of the house using those cranes used for beached sea animals.