Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Workouts Have Begun

At least for now. I went over to Jeff's house last night and we began our first workout on his used Bowflex. It is the base model, with very little in the way of frills, but it does not do a bad job. We agreed to do the "Body Building" workout, but we are going to have to modify it some. I can only work out 2 days a week with him, so we need to condense it some as well as add the cardio (biking) at the end. If last night can be the measuring stick we use, then we are going to do pretty well.

We began with chest and shoulders (my strong point) and went from that to a 2 mile bike ride down a country road near his home. It was a bit of a dangerous ride...neither of us had headlights and the road was dark...only moonlight to guide us. He had been down that road dozens of times so he lead the way. It had a couple of small hills, but since they were small, I left my gearing in place to give me a harder workout.

After I got home I found out that one of the Elders, who had been sick for some time and had brain tumors, had died. I liked the guy a lot. Smart, talented, and had a passion for the word of God. He was one of the founders of the Christian school my church founded and was a former professional caliber cyclist. He will be missed.

I grabbed a shower (I really needed it!) and then watched an episode of "Brimstone" before hitting the sack. I slept like a baby and was mostly pain free when I woke up. If I can feel like that after every work out, I will do well. My goal is to get my metabolism up, weight and body fat down, and begin to eat better. I do not do a bad job now, but there is plenty of room to improve.

Issues Pending:

* Still no word on my lawn trimmer. Both mine and my neighbors yard are looking bad. Very bad.
* 70 hour until I start my road trip. I still have a lot to do.
* Tires for the van. The wife said she could handle this.
* One to One Discipling with Mickey tonight. We skipped last week since he had to work an we will skip next week due to my vacation.
* I need to call mom...I did not get to Sunday or Monday.

No comments: