Monday, October 16, 2006

Such Irony / Observations

Our summer in North Central Texas has been dry. Dry to the point of being arid. Sunday it started raining and it hasn't stopped. It is a cold rain, similar to those I have seen when I lived in NC. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come this winter?

It is supposed to clear up tomorrow, warm up to the mid 80's (can you say humidity boys and girls?) for a couple of days and then cool down to the mid 70's.

Gotta love Autumn. Especially in Tejas.

When I was visiting my friends Knightmare and Holmes, I noticed Holmes wearing his hair just a tad shorter than he used to. I also noticed that he has the same balding spot on the crown of his head that I do. Holmes, you can thank your grandfather for that. That sort of thing usually skips a generation. I am going to give up and shave it all off eventually. I know that I will look very different, but you can only fight nature so long.

Knightmare has gained a pound or two (but must of us have) but he seems happy. He seems content and that is a good thing. I know he has battled weight for a while and I know it can be a challenge. I got up to about 205 at my heaviest, although I am down to 185 now. I would like to lose more, but being over 40 can make losing weight difficult. I also noticed he looks more and more like his dad every time I see him.

I should have told Holmes that he "done good" with his choice of girlfriends. She was polite and professional and dressed the part. She is not the type I pictured Holmes pursuing, but then again maybe his tastes have matured a bit. I know my tastes are much different now than they were 15 years ago. Yes Holmes, you "done good". I wish you and your gf much happiness.

Knightmare's wife "Tiffany" is a very sweet person who has always been very polite to me when I come to visit. Knightmare, looks like she is a keeper :-) .

No comments: