Thursday, October 26, 2006

Office Update and News From Our Son

I got to work and decided that I needed to get as much done in the new office as possible. I managed to get a lot done yesterday and was hoping to get 9%% of it done today. Well I managed to get all the junk out and my stuff in AND in place where I wanted it. The only exception to this is the desk and vacuuming. I would vacuum today but I do not want to do that until I take the broken part (it connects the desk to the credenza in a wrap-around fashion) off. It is not stable and I need my tools to do it right and I do not have them here. Once I remove that piece and vacuum, I will be all done. Not bad for a hillbilly.

My wife called me to let me know our son had his knee surgery. He has to keep it under minimal weight for 2 weeks then he starts physical therapy. I know how much PT can be. I did some for my back and it hurt worse than recovery from surgery. With our son's surgery, everyone in our family (even one of our two dogs) have had some sort of surgery in the past 12 months. What a year!

I finally got an e-mail from my dotted line manager in Sweden. She stated we can start the new job function Monday. She said I will need quite a bit of coaching and follow-up, but I do not mind. Not having a lot to do except study is a bit unnerving.

No comments: