Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Little Excitement

I forgot to add this to the previous post.

I was walking little man last night when we both heard sirens from a police car coming closer. I just assumed the police car was traveling down the main street, so I paid it no mind. But then I started hearing squealing tires and seeing the lights bounce off of houses...it was a high speed chase in my neighborhood! The fleeing car went up and down several streets before getting back on the main road. I was very thankful that I had made it to my house when I did. Had I been 2-3 minutes slower, I would have been in the thick of things. Scary.

Today at lunch I went over to my normal spot to nap and realized something. A good breeze really makes the difference. It is the same temperature today as it was yesterday, but today I remained very cool in my truck with the windows down and parked under a tree. Yesterday I was rather uncomfortable. Difference? A nice 5-10 mph breeze was blowing today and yesterday it was not. That little bit of moving air really made a difference. I was able to get a 20 min nap in with minimal nap "hangover".

No comments: