Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tool Time

A couple of things from my trip I failed to mention that are related to tools. The first is that my mom insisted that I take my dad's old (circa 1989) power scroll saw back to Texas with me. I really do not need it nor do I have the space to use it, but "honor thy mother and father".

My wife called me on day 3 of my trip to inform me my string trimmer had been repaired. I would love to try it out but a couple of things are stopping me. It is raining like crazy (and has been for 2 days) and I will be busy the next 3 evenings. There is always the weekend.

My mom also gave me a couple of whetstones so I could sharpen my knives. I have several inexpensive pocket knives that are not sharp enough to cut butter. Thanx to mom, I can fix that.

While I was visiting my mom, I gave her a small stack of magazines that my wife had finished reading. These were given to my wife by a family friend who does not recycle. My wife reads them, we send them to my mom when she is finished, she gives them to one of her friends. That is recycling.

No comments: