Saturday, May 26, 2007

T Minus 2.5 Hours And Counting

I have been productive, but that is not hard to do when you start your day at 6:30 in the morning on your "day off"...not that I really get days off (yet).

I kept waiting for the Swede to call, but he never did, so by noon I turned off my laptop. Up until that time I had been vacuuming the house and stripping the bed. I got a bit winded (I had not eaten yet) so I stopped to read the magazine our small city publishes and was shocked...our son the soldier had a "thank you" article published with two photos...one of him and one of me and him...although the pic of me makes me look a thousand years old. It was a pretty good article that he wrote (not professional writing, but not bad) and it really made my day. I have already requested extra copies so I could send them to family. As soon as the article goes on line I will download it.

After I got that shock, I waited for my wife to get home so we could eat lunch before she went to the ladies tea at church.

After my wife left to go to the tea party, I finished vacuuming and then started on my Sunday School lesson. It took a couple of hours, but I think I have a good start...I am not going to teach it like the regular teacher does...I want to make the people think.

Well, if I can hold out for a few more hours, I should be in the clear with regards to work. That is no guarantee I won't get called after 6:00 PM, but at least the only reason I SHOULD get called is if some local issue crops up. It would be nice to finish up this with minimal disruptions.

The weather forecast calls for storms up until Wednesday. Joy. When can I mow my grass or fix my patio door?

No comments: