Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Better Than Expected

Yesterday turned out better than expected, at least at work...home was a different story.

The Swede called off yesterday so I was still doing mostly my old job and learning bits and pieces of the new. I even helped out in a positive way a couple of times and that was a moral booster. I interacted with some of the local customer management and the end result was positive.

I stopped off at the store before I got home to get some sandwich rolls, sandwich wraps, Sobe Lean drinks (they were on sale), and some ice cream (on sale...I needed a little boost...and Ben and Jerry's will usually will do it). After I pulled in and removed my gear and the groceries, I attended to the dogs. I normally do not have too much trouble with our two, but we are pet sitting a very spirited 2 year old yellow Lab and she is a handful. I let them all out to answer the call of nature and then spent 15 minutes wiping them down before I let them in (it was raining). Reason #1027 why I like having a garage.

After that little adventure I fed them...which was much easier than letting them out. Once they had been fed (in order of dominance...(The Golden, Little Man, and lastly Jazzie) it is important to do that when you pet sit... I ate a couple of Nathan's Famous hot dogs and a banana then balanced the checkbook. The weather was holding (it had stopped raining) so I thought I better at least try to walk the pooches...separately if possible. I grabbed the terror twins first (The Golden and Little Man) and got most of a block in...they did their business so I headed home. After drying them off, I grabbed Jazzie and we headed out. She was an absolute terror to walk...she hated the gentle leader and we were plagued by a small pack of harmless dogs...all males...Jazzie is a female. She finally did what she needed to do and we headed home. The pack followed us and I was getting a bit frustrated. I am sure the neighbors enjoyed my little show as I tried to dry Jazzie and chase the three male "whore dogs" away. I am sure glad Jazzie was not in heat.

After that wonderful adventure I checked e-mail and since nothing was outstanding, I flipped on the TV and waited for my wife who was at a bible class. I was getting tired (I am not sure what the problem is...outside of a few meals most of my diet is good, but I feel run down all the time)...so much so that I actually went to bed at 9:30 PM, shortly after my wife got home. I slept straight through the night, only getting up once to empty a very full bladder :-) .

When I got up, I realized my wife was already up. She had fed the dogs and let them out to use the bathroom, but they still needed a walk. I grabbed Jazzie first (might as well get the hard part over with) and walked her around the block. When I returned, I grabbed Little Man (my wife wanted to take The Golden out later herself) and we walked until he did his thing, then we returned. While I was gone my wife had all my coffee stuff ready for me to brew and while it was brewing I helped her with the clothes in the dryer. I found out she got up at three and had been working on stuff all morning.

I finished my routine in the normal way, even though it started in a slightly different manner. By the time I got out of the shower, my wife was headed back to bed...she now was very tired. The woman works hard around the house and at work.

Having the extra dog around (especially as hyper as she is) really wears you out. It is like having a 2-3 year old ADHD kid who needs constant attention living with us...more than we are used to...but we will manage. June 14th is so far off (the date in which the owner returns).

I got to work and checked on everything I needed to. I still have to go check in with the TL of the new group I will be working with so I can continue training. That should monopolize my time. We shall see.

No comments: