Friday, May 18, 2007

Old Faithful

After thinking about what to do (see the "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" post), I decided to use the memory out of the nicer laptop in the older laptop and just hold on to the older one and see if a battery turns up. The old laptop has been pretty faithful so far.

I chatted with the other member of the Inc Mgmt team to let him know what is going on with his partner in crime. Once the partner came in, we all chatted about it. We did not really reach any conclusions, but at least we talked. I start training with the senior guy on Monday and will finish up with the guy who is switching jobs with me later in the week when the senior guy is off. The following week I need to bring the other guy up to speed so he can replace me. He is not too happy about this and is threatening to go to HR about it.

My wife and I are serving the youth at church tonight. It has been a while since we have done this and I am looking forward to it.

"Sean" had posted a comment in response to a post I had made a while back that included some comments I had made about the program "Nevitium" that I had tested in Linux. I should have followed up that post with newer comments after I had completed my testing of the program. Part of my earlier comments were my ignorance of Java programs in the Linux environment and part were my biases on how programs should be packaged (the version I tested packaged both the Windows executables and the Java jar files together, which in my opinion was a bit lazy). It would have been nice to have an installer that removed the files that were not needed, but again, that is just my preference. In fairness to the author, I removed my original negative comment(s).

Well, it is lunch time. Off I go.

No comments: