Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Okay, That Makes Sense

I had wondered why Monday and Tuesday of this week were slow at work when I was reminded it was Labor day (May 1) and many people decided to take the Monday before that off as well. That means I had two days out of four this week that were mostly peaceful. Go me.

Yesterday from about 1:30 PM on, I did not feel well at all. First it was sleepiness, then fatigue and last, body aches. It felt a lot like the flu, but I had no respiratory problems, no upset stomach, sinus issues. It was similar to what my sister in law gets regularly...I think she has Lupus, but I am not 100%. I know she is so run down that she cannot work full time.

I got home and ate a couple of Nathan's Famous hot dogs with mustard and a side of chips and a glass of juice for dinner. I was ravenous, so I ate the pint of ice cream that I had purchased earlier as well. That was one of the other issues I had yesterday...I was very hungry all day long and to top that off, I was running to the bathroom to urinate almost every hour...that would be understandable, but I did not have any more water than I normally do and no extra caffeine. As a matter of fact, my caffeine intake was less yesterday since I skipped my morning coffee due to a dentist appointment early in the day.

My wife had bible study last night and I told her I would finish vacuuming the house. She started Saturday but was unable to finish and I did not have the juice to do it once I got finished with all my other chores. Well, I started vacuuming and after about 30 minutes, I was run down again...I did not have the stamina to go on but I managed to finish it. It is not the stellar job my wife would do, but at least all the dog hair is up. After I was finished I plopped myself down on the couch to watch Law and Order. I was so tired that that it was a struggle to get up to use the toilet.

I woke up feeling okay...not fantastic, but better than last night. After being up for three hours, I am already starting to feel fatigued. That is a bit worrisome for me. I wonder if this is a summer flu thing? I was poking around my PDA last night and found a biorhythm program and noticed that all three of my physical is at the bottom, my emotional is on a downswing and my intellectual is on an upswing. I no not put a ton of faith in biorhythms but they have been right before. Anyoo, I told my wife if I did not feel better in a couple of days that I would go see a doctor when we got back from vacation. I hate to go to a doctor before I have let something run a few days.

No comments: