Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In My Dreams

I usually do not remember my dreams. I would say that I rarely dream, but that prolly would not be accurate so I will just say that in the morning, I have no memory of what went on in my mind the night before. Last night however, was different.

I am not sure if it was one dream in two parts or two separate dreams. Both revolved around me and an online acquaintance, Dakboy (blog link is on the right). Both had us at near the same age (I have Dak by at least 12 years). Both dreams involved a father (mine in the first, Dak's in the second). Both had us living in the same area (Dak is in NY, I am in TX).

The first dream (or first part of the dream, you chose) was short. In this part, Dak and I were both late teens (16-17 years old). Dak came over to my parents house to do something...it may have been to pick me up, I am not sure. Anyhoo, before he arrived, I had a run in with my father. He had been drinking (that much is true...Dad did not know how to safely deal with stress) and was rather verbally abusive. I did not want Dak to see my dad in that condition so when he knocked on the front door (we did not have a doorbell), I rushed to answer it and quickly maneuvered myself and Dak away from the house.

"Problem?" asked Dak.
"Dad's not in a great mood. He had a pretty rough day at work", I fumbled, trying to give a feasible excuse to get us out of the area.
"He drinks, doesn't he?" Dak said in a sympathetic tone.
"Yup", I respond.
"My dad used to have a problem like that, but he is a lot better now", Dak sincerely answered.


Fade out.


Second dream, or second part of the same dream (your choice):

I was on my way to Dak's parents house. It was bigger and nicer than mine, but not overdone. Tasteful is the word that would best describe it. As I knock on the front door, I am greeted by Dak's dad, a 40 something medium sized man with a sturdy frame. He was bigger and younger than my dad (who was a strapping 5' 6" 175 lbs) but had less hair. I was ushered into the house and was greeted a few seconds later by Dak who, like his father, was wearing Army BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform -- "Fatigues" as they used to be know). I looked down and realized that I was wearing a Marine combat uniform (gift from my half brother). We went into the basement and begin assembling a survival/assault pack to take with us. We were going after a "bad man" and needed to make sure we were prepared for anything.

After we had packed all of our gear, Dak's father hands me a small automatic assault weapon (KG-99) and fully loaded pack. We then walked to an abandoned building to hunt for our quarry.

Dak and his father went one way and I went another, hoping to flush out the person we were hunting. I had not been looking too long when I heard weapons fire. I double timed over to where the noise came from when I felt pain, then heard more shots. I had been hit.

The next scene was odd (as if the dream is not odd enough as it is...). The best way to describe it was an out of body experience. I was looking over my dead body and the body of "the bad guy" we were hunting.

"Sucks, doesn't it?" said a voice to my right, near the body of the "bad guy".

I look over and see a ghost-like form that looks just like the man we had been hunting. Beyond him, about 50 meters down the hallway, I see Dak and his father, talking. I cannot hear what they are saying, but Dak's dad is gesturing in my direction. They begin to walk toward me and things go black.

Odd.

No comments: