Monday, May 21, 2007

Ain't That A Shame

Maybe things will not be so bad after all this week...

I talked to my boss about the escalations that I was made aware of and I told him that it would be a good idea if the process was followed (customer calling the account manager and some discovery taking place) and while he did not seem too thrilled, he agreed we should be using the process. I also told my boss that running three escalations on for the same issue (for three separate sites) was a bit overkill and he agreed. So when the guy who e-mailed me initially finally called me back, I let him know what was going on and he told me that he would make a few phone calls. Besides being the proper way of doing things, I need to find a way to get my replacement's feet wet on this. I rally do not want to start this one because these types of escalations are long and drawn out. The last one I did like this was open for two months.

The other issue that my replacement wanted escalated appears to have been resolved, so we are going to let the process run its course and see how things go. We may be surprised...you never know.

Lunch turned out to be a bust today...I ate but at my desk and did not leave at all. Hopefully this pattern will end soon.

I start teaching a new Sunday school class next Sunday. This lesson is on books of Judges and Ruth in the Old Testament. I have glanced at the material but not studied it yet. I have five more days to do that. I figure if I can read a bit each day and put together the lesson on Friday or Saturday, I should be okay. This is a big step for me.

I managed to bang my toe on the corner of the hallway and the living room (I am not sure how I pulled that off). While it is not broken, the rough texture of th corner cave me what looks like a carpet burn. The bad thing is that the scrape is in between my toes so the skin is constantly moving. and will not form a good covering. I have to keep a sock on at night to keep the plasma from staining the bedding. Fun.

No comments: